Adiabatic Dry Cooling Towers
High efficient evaporative cooling pads are wetted With water, which is evenly distributed over the top of the evaporative pads at city water pressure.
As the air passes through the pads k, water is Evaporated in the air, and the air is humidified and Cooled down to temperatures at two to three ºC Above wet bulb temperature l. Such substantial Depression of the dry bulb temperature of the air Results in a major increase in dry cooling capacity. The pre-cooler is constructed in stainless steel, with water distribution piping and a gutter system to drain The water once-through to the sewer m. Part of the Distributed water is evaporated, while the excess Water assists in rinsing the pad to keep it free from Debris and minerals that would stay behind on the Pad after evaporation. Designed to be used as once-through system, the Trillium Series Cooler does not require any water treatment, nor pumps while minimizing the risk of micro-biological contamination.
Adiabatic products are air-cooled coolers or condensers with adiabatic pre-coolers. Before the fan draws the ambient air through the finned coil, the air is pre-cooled adiabatically when traversing a humidification pad. This evaporates the water in the air, thus boosting the cooling capacity.
- Low process temperatures
- Saves more than 80% on annual water compared to cooling towers
- Up to 40% increased capacity compared to dry cooling (air temperatures approaching wet bulb temperature)
- Reduced energy consumption operational safety: no water recirculation, no stagnant water, no aerosol generation, no water carry-over.
- Operates as a dry cooler to within 3°C of dry bulb saving water
- Can achieve fluid temperatures within 5°C of wet bulb.
- EC fans as standard
- Industrial UV filtration fitted as standard
- All water is drained at the end of each spray session
- Water is flushed once every 4 days if spray not used
- The pump supplying the correct amount of atomized water
- Energy efficiency
Dry coolers products with adiabatic cooling pads, are designed to permit the most flexible, economical
and hygienically safe cooling system available today.
The product allows for cost effective dry cooling during applicable temperatures combined with economic pre cooling of the entering air to achieve operating temperatures similar to evaporative equipment.
The control sequence is designed to enable the unit to adjust accordingly to achieve the lowest energy and water use as ambient conditions change.
Evaporation loss across Dry Tower: 0.001% Ro Water
Spray loss on Evaporative Pads : 0.15% Ro water